The SCK-7064B-140X32F-T01 is an I2C evaluation kit for the 140x32 dot matrix VFD module which is narrow and compact in size suitable for instrumentation, and process controls.
Best readability display under following conditions:
- Low ambient light condition
- -40° C environment
- Viewed from various angles and up close and from afar
# of dots 140 x 32 PCB size 120.0 x 40.0 mm Power supply 5V / 370 mA Interface I2C, UART or USART
- 140x32 dot matrix VFD Module with I2C
- JST male 6 pin connector
- Cable with mating JST 6 pin connector on each end
- Color filter sample
Supports up to 400 KHz.
Address selectable via jumper J0 and J1
I2C pin assignments
|2||SDA||Serial interface data||Input / Output||-|
|6||/RESET||Active low reset||Input||Tie to VCC|
Master-transmitter transmits to slave-receiver
- From master to slave
- From slave to master
Master reads slave
GU140X32F-7064B is write only and will always return 0xFF when master reads from the device.
GU140X32F-7064B operates in 5V, when connecting to 3.3 V I2C bus use the following:
- BSS138 with two (2) 10KΩ resistors. BSS138 is n-channel logic level enhancement mode field effect transistor.
- PCA9517, Level translating I2C-bus repeater.
Font Table List
- Japanese, Katakana only
- Multilingual, various fonts and symbols
- Canadian and French
- WPC1252, european fonts and symbols
- PC858, european fonts and symbols
Real-time bit image display or dot unit real-time bit image display command
When using the command, break the data into multiple transmition to prevent one device from holding the I2C bus.
Following is the breakdown of number of bytes required to draw entire 140x32 VFD module.
- 4 bytes for command
- 5 bytes for parameters
- 560 bytes for image data
Total of 569 bytes.
100 KHz, 10µS per clock cycle
- 90 µS, 9 bits for address, write bit, and acknowledge bit.
- 51,300 µS, 569 bytes for command, parameter, image data, and acknowledge bit.
Total time: 51.3 mS.
400 KHz, 2.5µS per clock cycle
- 22.5 µS, 9 bits for address, write bit, and acknowledge bit.
- 12,825 µS, 569 bytes for command, parameter, image data, and acknowledge bit.
Total time: 12.825 mS.
Scroll or wait command
When using scroll or wait command, please check the SBUSY signal before sending any data. SBUSY signal will be logic high (1) during busy state and logic low (0) during ready state.
Once the scroll or wait command has been executed the VFD module will become in busy state and return to ready state once the operation has completed.