Introduction to Noritake’s Products and Services
Why Choose Noritake?
Noritake’s electronics division has been around since the creation of the Vacuum Fluorescent Display(VFD). We have grown to provide a wide array of products and services to ensure a smooth and efficient development cycle for your application. Our customer support staff will gladly provide you with technical support to assist with your needs.
We offer an expanding set of support tools for each of our product series, including code libraries and design programs. These tools work to accelerate the evaluation and integration procedures in order to have your prototype up and running as quickly as possible.
Problems in the Market
We have seen many problems and requests for systems in the market. Customers often need a product that can operate within a wide-temperature range, offers an industrially rugged interface, and withstands outside interferences, including liquids. Our products are the solution for these issues.
- General issues:
- Unable to handle temperature extremes
- Intolerant to liquids: water/chemical solutions
- Require long-life durability and reliability
- Require long-term supply
- Require industrial durabilty
- Display issues:
- Poor visibility
- Complex interface and design
- Slow refresh rate
- Touch switch/interface issues:
- Not operable using gloves
- Not suitable for a sterile environment
- Failure rate and deterioration over time
- Multi-point and gesture inputs not viable
- Capacitive sensing issues:
- Not stable in wet environments
- Not operable wearing gloves
How Noritake Can Help
Problem solving, integration and management is a breeze with our help. We can direct you to the display that meets your requirements, help you understand our product and provide a stable product supply.
- TouchNoritake’s proprietary capacitive touch switch panels.
- Mutual capacitive type can be operated with gloves and water interference.
ToolsCustomer support tools are available.
- Evaluation software tools, code libraries, and application notes will help facilitate the customer’s devlelopment.
- Line-upChoose from over 100 displays
- Choose from over 100 VFD modules to integrate into your system. Different products can be found based on size, function, interface, embedded font, etc.
DesignCustomized developlemt to meet your specific requirements.
- We will provide a custom tailored solution for your needs with any of our products.
ServicesAdd optional features.
- Value added services (filter, connector, cable, conformal coating…) will provide options for integration with your application and ultimately optimize your supply line.
ProductionOver 10 years of continuous supply. Manufactured at our roots in Japan.
- Main product lines have a long-term supply history of over 10 years. For soon-to-be discontinued items, each customer is consulted with to ensure backwards compatibility with the updated model.
VisibilityA high-resolution, self-emitting display gives outstanding visibility.
- VFD does not pale or darken depending on the viewing angle due to its consistently bright self-illumination.
TemperatureReliable operation in any environment.
- Usable outdoors or in dark corners. Even in ruthless -40℃ – 85℃ environments. Designed with Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) in mind.
Vacuum Fluorescent Displays
Well renowned for our VFDs
As the pioneer company for VFDs, we offer modules of the highest quality and durability compared to anything else out there. From character displays to graphic displays, we offer a wide variety of products to fit your project’s needs.
LCD Touch Screen
Projective Capacitive Touch
Discover a color display and practical touch capabilities with Noritake GU-TFT. Our GU-TFT modules eliminate water touch interference and still stay bright! Learn about our versatile, colorful, and easy-to-use GU-TFT touch display!
Noritake’s Touch Switch Technology and Services
Our capacitive touch switch technology features fine photo-etched keys placed on transparent glass keypads. These keys can be customized for any application by securely collaborating with us and following our wiring guidelines. For a quick standard solution, we offer four different module types paired with three different switch configurations.
- Available Module Types:
- Touch switch with LED backlight and embedded module
- Touch switch with embedded module without LED backlight
- Module as a daughter board
- Touch switch only
EMI Shield Window
Noritake’s EMI Shielding Technology
Electromagnetic interference can vary based on the system that it is emitting from. The same thing is true for display systems. Our EMI shielding technology is fully customizable in terms of the window, pitch of the aluminum mesh, contrast ratios, designs within the mesh, etc.
- Noritake’s mesh customization options:
- Multiple mesh line width
- Mesh patterns
- Custom icon or embedded text photo-etching
- Blackened aluminum micro-mesh